I’ve got to say that I struggle in getting up in the morning so I decided to think about ways to get yourself up out of bed. I think it’s because it’s winter and it is so warm in bed that you don’t want to leave.
I am in no way a professional but wanted to share some ideas with you that might get you perked up for your day ahead.
- Pump up some really upbeat tunes. Put the music on so that you sing along and if it’s dancey music, it may get you up to dance a little bit in the morning. It’s much fun and will get you perked up! My favourite song right now is The Wanted – Chasing the sun
- This one depends on you – rolling out of bed.. literally. I used to do this but you could probably hurt yourself. It sort of sends your body into a panic as you will fall out of bed. Your heart will race but you will be fully awake! I swear by it!
- Spray rose water on your face or have a spray bottle full of water to mist your face. The premise behind the mist sprays is to make you feel refreshed and to wake up. I like using Kosmea’s Rosewater Hydrating Mist. Costs $19.95 off their site but you can find it cheaper looking around. Otherwise, if you have a skin friendly scented oil, you could mix it with water and buy your own spray bottle
- Gulping down on water. I think what you need to do is activate your brain into doing something. If you have a bottle next to your bed, when you wake up and start drinking, it forces your brain to think and work and thus it makes you wake up. Why not start the day with a natural and healthy drink?
- Draw the covers off you. If you push the blanket away from you, then it forces you to be cold. It is then you think about getting in a nice hot shower and then you’ll wake up
So there you have it – my 5 ideas on getting out of bed.
Let me know how they go for you?